How to Grow a Mustache?
Growing a mustache isn’t for everyone. Sometimes it happens that a particular type of mustache looks good on one person, but the same type doesn’t suit the other. Unfortunately, you cannot tell until you try it. Growing a mustache isn’t difficult at all, but choosing the right type of mustache to grow can be a challenge. Read on to learn more about growing one!
What Type Of Mustache Will Fit Your Face?
The first question that comes to mind when you set out on the quest of growing a beard is, well, what type of mustache will fit your face?
A mustache gives a man his personality. When you’re deciding which type of mustache to grow, analyze your facial features – as this will help you choose a mustache that will go well with your face. Here are a few guidelines to help you:
- Big Nose – If you have a comparatively bigger nose than average, avoid growing a thin mustache as it will certainly not look good on you.
- Small Nose – Likewise, if you have a smaller nose than the average size, a bushy nose will look odd on your face.
- Large Features – Those people who have large facial features, such as large eyes, mouth as well as ears, then a bushy mustache is what they need! A thick, bushy mustache will not only give off a softer look, but it will also balance the facial features.
- Long Face – For people who have a long face, a mustache that falls between narrow to medium thickness range is ideal. With longer faces, avoid growing thick mustaches.
- Extremely Large Mouth – For those who have been blessed with an extremely large mouth, try growing an angular mustache, one that perhaps starts off as being narrow at the top and gets bushy towards the bottom.
- Small Mouth – People with small mouths should always avoid thick, bushy mustaches. However, if you insist, there’s no harm in trying.
How To Get A Perfect Mustache?
Once you have decided what type of mustache you want, it’s just a matter of time before you’ll be roaming around with your brand new mustache.
There are mainly two ways of growing a mustache. Firstly, you can keep shaving your facial hair while leaving the portion above the upper lip.
As for the second way, quit shaving completely for around 2 to 3 weeks and let your facial hair bloom. Once this period has elapsed, you could shave off in whichever manner you deem suitable, depending on the type of mustache you’re after.
How To Take Care Of Your Mustache?
Once you have grown your mustache and it looks just perfect – your job doesn’t end here. You need to care for your mustache to keep it looking good.
- Trim as needed – Trimming is important to keep your mustache neat and just the way you want it. Trim off older grown hair as soon as you see any. Use high-quality trimmer for the best results.
- Shampoo once in a while – Use shampoo to wash your c in order to keep it nourished and supple.
- Keep it Clean – Keep your mustache clean by removing any particles such as dust or food. Splash them with water every now and then throughout the day.
- Use a good Mustache Wax for styling and extra care.