10 Best Safety Razor Review and Buyer’s Guide
Upon going through the list of best safety razors that we compiled, we have come to the conclusion that MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Safety Razor is the clear winner.
With its origin in Germany, MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Safety Razor is produced by Merkur Stahlwaren Gmbh & Co. Made from Solingen steel, this razor guarantees a lifeline of almost a lifetime of constant shaves without damage. Similarly, the MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Safety Razor makes use of a universal inexpensive double-edge blade making it easy to maintain.
MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Safety Razor – Best Safety Razor for a Close Shave
Some benefits of the MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Safety Razor include:
- It is lightweight and allows for easy handling
- A chrome finish that gives it a classy and exquisite look
- A long handle for those with long fingers/ large hands
- Non-slip features that ensure great grip and easy manipulation
Safety razors are created with mainly one aim in mind, to help you shave without worrying about cuts as in the case of using traditional straight razors. And though there are a lot of other shaving options these days, a lot of people prefer to stick with their double edge razor which they actually trust.
However, when selecting a safety razor, you would need to ensure that your choice is indeed safe for you. This is why we have put together this review and buyer’s guide to help you select the best safety razor that would work for you.
Top 10 Safety Razor Comparison (July 2020 Update)
|MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Saftey Razor||Check Price|
|VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain DE Safety Razor||Check Price|
|MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Double Edge Saftey Razor||Check Price|
|MERKUR Futur Adjustable DE Saftey Razor||Check Price|
|Parker 99R Long Handle Butterfly Open Safety Razor||Check Price|
|VIKINGS BLADE The Emperor Adjustable Safety Razor||Check Price|
|WEISHI Nostalgic Long Handle Butterfly Open DE Safety Razor||Check Price|
|MUHLE R89 Closed Comb Safety Razor||Check Price|
|Edwin Jagger DE8 Double Edge Safety Razor||Check Price|
|VIKINGS BLADE The Godfather Double Edge Safety Razor||Check Price|
Best Safety Razors Detailed Review
This section typically reveals what we discovered about best safety razors upon in-depth research and details the specifications of these products. Likewise, every angle including the not-so-savory parts of the products would be explored in this section.
1. MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Safety Razor – Best Safety Razor for a Close Shave
MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Safety Razor is one of the high-quality double edge razors which has made Merkur Stahlwaren Gmbh & Co one of the household names in the market. It is a lightweight razor with a long handle possessing a closed comb head that makes it meet up to standard double edge razor blades.
The chrome finish of the MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Safety Razor leaves it with an elegant and sophisticated look which makes it unique. A nonslip grip and the inexpensive universal double edge blades crown the many benefits you can get from using this product.
- Comes with an iconic three-piece design that makes for very easy cleaning and maintenance
- Knurled handle that guarantees an enhanced grip and a lot more maneuverability
- Makes use of inexpensive universal double edge blades
- Made with high quality and durable material namely Solingen steel
- Guarantees a very close and irritation-free shave
- Easy to use due to its requirement of inexpensive universal double edge blades
- Can be gotten in both standard and extended lengths
- Handle that ensures a stronger grip and more maneuverability
- Some users have complained about rust signs shortly after purchase
- Some users have also claimed that the screw attachment came loose a very short while after they began to use theirs
- May require a longer time to achieve complete shave
As a result of the many great features that the MERKUR 23C 3-Piece DE Safety Razor possesses, going for this type might be a great idea. Similarly, it is very affordable and fits into a lot of budgets.
The type of blade it requires and the ease of cleaning also guarantee that it would only require a stress-free and cheap maintenance. If you are at quality at a relatively low cost, this might just be your stop.
2. VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain DE Safety Razor – Top Choice for Aggressiveness
The VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain DE Safety Razor is typically designed and well known for its ruggedness and high quality. It is scientifically designed with a specific aim to provide close and smooth shave without causing any form of irritation.
Made with only high-quality materials, the chrome finish gives it a very stylish and elegant appearance that would make any man proud to own one. VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain DE Safety Razor is also pretty easy to use and remains of the few in the market with an original design.
- VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain DE Safety Razor is about 20% heavier than other razors on the market making it a lot more balanced
- Unique weight distribution that makes for effortless short strokes
- Blade change feature is very fast and lasts only 5 seconds
- Made from high-end materials with quality construction and global standard quality control
- Possesses feature that makes switching blades very rapid
- Made from the highest quality materials
- Includes some bonus items comprising a mirror and blades among others
- This razor lasts for a very long time
- The butterfly-open design may break off easily
- It is relatively more expensive than similar brands
- Some users have claimed that it does not provide as great a close shave as specified
One guarantee that comes with using VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain DE Safety Razor is that you would get a great shave. There are very rare cases of cuts that result from making use of this razor.
In addition, this razor is guaranteed to last and remains one of the most original designs on the market. Therefore, if you are willing to spare a few more bucks for a razor, this might just be what you are looking for after all.
3. MERKUR Classic 2-Piece DE Safety Razor – Best Safety Razor for Long-Term Use
Sporting a polished gold finish and a closed-comb head, the MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Double Edge Safety Razor is one other amazing product that Merkur Stahlwaren GmbH & Co.can boast of. As is characteristic of most safety razors produced by this household name, the MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Double Edge Safety Razor also makes use of inexpensive double edge blades.
It is manufactured under the best environmental and technological standards in Germany and is made from the best quality materials as well. As a result, the MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Double Edge Safety Razor can be used by a wide range of people and for a number of body parts.
- Comes with a unique two-piece design that enhances stability and allows easy loading
- Requires inexpensive universal double edge blades for shaving purposes
- It comprises the heaviest razor options from MERKUR
- Finishes include Knurled Barber – Pole and Smooth Stainless Steel handle
- Designed to last for a very long time – a lifetime in fact
- Guarantees very close and irritation-free shave
- Comes with the option of customizing your finish type
- Requires inexpensive Universal double edge blades for operation
- It is heavier and more aggressive than some other safety razors from this same brand
- Barber pole handle design may not be suitable for use by everybody
- May not work well for very coarse and thick hair
Although the handle is somewhat heavy, the weight generally balances out and makes for a great safety razor. The grip of the MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Double Edge Safety Razor is also one great feature that you should look out for.
It remains one of the best safety razors to have come out of the stables of Merkur and is very suitable for beginners. For its price, this sure is one quality product that you shouldn’t pass up on especially since it is designed to last a lifetime.
4. MERKUR Futur Adjustable DE Safety Razor – Best Safety Razor for All Skin Types
Merkur remains a force to reckon within the business of production of safety razors and a number of other hair care products. The MERKUR Futur Adjustable DE Safety Razor is one of the most important among a host of other adjustable double-edge safety razors made by the same brand
However, it still bears tell-tale signs of Merkur such as the Solingen steel material for which this brand is known. As an improvement on other safety razors in this category, adjusting the MERKUR Futur Adjustable DE Safety Razor is a lot easier and it is also very much effective.
- Possesses a unique snap-cap and adjustable close combed, straight bar-head design
- Offers option to select how mild or how aggressive the shaving should be on a scale of 1-6
- Made from high quality and very durable material namely Solingen steel
- Comes with a long handle that makes it suitable to be used by a large number of people
- Easy to adjust to various levels of mildness and aggressiveness
- Long handle that provides space for use by people with long hands
- Allows for shaving more than once every day at different levels without any irritation
- It can be used to shave different parts of the body including the really sensitive parts
- A long handle may make it uncomfortable to use by a number of people
- Might require a measure of experience to use this razor
- Some users have claimed that the sheer size of the razor makes it nearly impossible to shave beard edges
As with other products manufactured by Merkur, this safety razor does not compromise on quality either. Similarly, it is one trailblazing product in the market and is pretty advisable for you if you have really sensitive skin.
Also, its design makes for easy use which is one factor that you should always look out for in safety razor. In case you love brand name safety razors and you need one that actually works, this might just be your last port of call.
5. Parker 99R Long Handle Butterfly Open Safety Razor – Best Safety Razor for Easy Maneuverability
Parker Safety Razor is another old player in the safety razor league and is responsible for a number of great men’s grooming products on the market. With a solid brass frame and a butterfly open mechanism, the Parker design is one that still very much famous and loved by shaving men.
Parker 99R Long Handle Butterfly Open Safety Razor is hand-assembled with attention paid to detail and packaged with a lot of care. With years of stress-free shaving the aim of production, the finish which is a result of an advanced plating process makes for an eventual masterpiece.
- Comes with a textured handle that enhances sure grip even in wet hands
- The frame is made with solid brass that guarantees a long-lasting lifeline
- Twist to open or butterfly design of blade replacement
- Heavyweight design that makes for a stronger grip and even more effective functioning
- Comes with a long handle that offers a better reach
- A brass frame contains extra chrome coating for durability
- Easy blade replacement thanks to the butterfly open mechanism
- Textured handle provides a firmer grip and more maneuverability
- Some users have complained about the razor being too heavy
- Some users also claim that maneuvering the razor is pretty uncomfortable
- Some users have complained about the lock coming loose after few uses
If you have long fingers or a large hand then Parker 99R Long Handle Butterfly Open Safety Razor might just be exactly what you need. Apart from the ease of use, it is also manufactured from some of the best materials available.
In addition, the Parker 99R Long Handle Butterfly Open Safety Razor is great for detailed shaving and is easy to maneuver as well. If you are looking for a safety razor that you can term a ‘total package’, you might just be in luck.
6. VIKINGS BLADE The Emperor Adjustable Safety Razor – Best Multipurpose Safety Razor
VIKINGS BLADE The Emperor Adjustable Safety Razor is one razor that has a number of desirable features that every man wants to see in his safety razor. One of such features is that this blade is adjustable and comes with a design aimed at ensuring a close shave without causing any irritation.
Apart from the technical specifications which are relatively top-notch, the final appearance is pretty great and a vintage bronze finish gives the VIKINGS BLADE The Emperor Adjustable Safety Razor a majestic appearance. In addition, this razor offers multiple shaving possibilities.
- Comes with the adjustable feature alongside a hefty handle
- An anti-misalignment mechanism that ensures the doors remain trapped when blades are misaligned during loading
- Two sides with two different functions – one for sensitive skin and the other for normal skin
- Multiple aggression micro-settings that give endless shaving possibilities
- The hefty handle provides good grip
- Suitable for use on both normal and sensitive skin
- A special mechanism that ensures that the blade is not misaligned
- Possesses feature that provides multiple shaving possibilities
- Some buyers claim that the razor is not very precise
- Some users also claim that the razor’s aggressiveness is pretty low
- Some users claim that the razor wore out early
If you are one for a large-sized razor, then this might just be for you. The hefty handle of the VIKINGS BLADE The Emperor Adjustable Safety Razor is characteristic of this blade and is great for people with very large or long hands.
In addition, this razor possesses some great features that are noticeably absent in a lot of other razors on the market. As a plus, this razor is relatively affordable and designed to last for a very long time.
7. WEISHI Nostalgic Long Handle Butterfly Open DE Safety Razor – Best Safety Razor for Beginners
WEISHI is a well-known brand name in male grooming product circles and can attribute a number of quality hair care products to their name. The mechanism of operation of the WEISHI Nostalgic Long Handle Butterfly Open DE Safety Razor is one that makes it very easy to use even for beginners.
This alone gives it a needed edge in a very competitive market. In addition, it is pretty easy to handle and is basically a simple, everyday safety razor
- The WEISHI Nostalgic Long Handle Butterfly Open DE Safety Razor weighs only 74g and is about 11 cm in length
- The basic mechanism that allows for quick, safe and simple replacement of the blade
- Comes in a package that includes stainless steel blades and detailed instructions for usage
- Designed for easy wiping or cleaning after use
- Easy to use making it suitable for beginners
- Long handle that allows for more maneuverability and deft shaving
- The package consists of a number of free replacement blades
- Blade replacement is easy and safe
- It is not as durable as a number of other safety razors on the market
- Some users have claimed that the WEISHI Nostalgic Long Handle Butterfly Open DE Safety Razor does not give a smooth shave
- Simple construction and design does not give it an elegant appearance
If you are a beginner to the life of shaving, then this might be a great razor for you to learn to shave with. Also, it might serve you for quite a while especially if you maintain it as specified by the manufacturer.
Similarly, if you are at a safety razor with a simple design that and doesn’t require technical knowledge to operate, then this could be a great option as well. This razor is very affordable and can fit into a lot of budgets.
8. MUHLE R89 Closed Comb Safety Razor – Best Safety Razor for All Ages
MUHLE R89 Closed Comb Safety Razor is made from one of the best materials used in making safety razors and is coated in chrome to give it a great finish. This corrosion-resistant material and awesome design make it one destined to last for a very long time.
Unlike modern blades being produced these days, the head of the MUHLE R89 Closed Comb Safety Razor does not have to come off in order to replace the blade. The blades get simply replaced by unscrewing the cap and they can be gotten everywhere.
Handles are made with metal with chrome-plated metal highlights
- Usually comes in a three-piece design
- Has a knurling design specially added to improve grip
- Designed to give both mild and aggressive shaves based on usage
- Excellent design and a great finish that gives it a very stylish appearance
- Relatively lightweight making it suitable for use by beginners
- Comes in both two-piece and three-piece designs
- Can be used by beginners due to the mild shave feature it has
- Relatively expensive compared to other safety razors on the market
- May not be suitable for men with coarse and thick hair due to mild shave feature
- Some users claim that they would have preferred if the head could come off completely
The MUHLE R89 Closed Comb Safety Razor is simply a mix of the old school and the new school packaged in one safety razor. This makes it suitable for use by a very wide age range.
In addition, the not-so-technical design of this blade makes it quite a favorite among men. If you are a beginner to shaving, this could be the perfect safety razor for you to begin your long shaving adventure with.
9. Edwin Jagger DE8 Double Edge Safety Razor – Best Safety Razor for Extended Shaving
Edwin Jagger DE8 Double Edge Safety Razor is one of the few stylish yet functional safety razors on the market. Apart from being manufactured from great and durable material, it also has a classy and stylish design.
The chrome-plated collar of this safety razor is just one of the many beautiful features that it possesses. In addition to the Jagger trademark present on the razor, it comes with a number of other ‘bonuses’.
- Extra-long handle designed for far-to-reach places and improved reach
- Designed to shave as close as a straight razor or a cartridge
- The Edwin Jagger razor head fits all standard double edge razor blades
- Well balanced handle with reassuring weight and feel
- Great design that gives it a stylish appearance
- Easy to use which makes it especially suitable for beginners
- Relatively inexpensive and fits into a number of budgets
- Made from high-quality materials that guarantee that it lasts long
- Some users have complained about receiving counterfeit items
- There are some claims that the razor does not survive a fall
- Some buyers have complained about this razor breaking
The Edwin Jagger DE8 Double Edge Safety Razor is somewhat fragile and is therefore suitable for use by extremely caring people. If you know that there is a very high probability that this razor would fall from your hands, then this might not be for you.
However, apart from this, the Edwin Jagger DE8 Double Edge Safety Razor works just great and is loved by a great number of people. In addition, it has a very stylish design so that anyone would be proud to own one.
10. VIKINGS BLADE The Godfather Double Edge Safety Razor – Best Safety Razor for Strength
The VIKINGS BLADE The Godfather Double Edge Safety Razor has a very modern and sleek design, unlike other versions of Viking safety razors. It is a 3-piece safety razor and is pretty heavier than other products from this same brand.
The shaver is pretty aggressive and has a very high-performance rate compared to a lot of other safety razors on the market. It is also suitable for use on both normal and sensitive skin.
- Made with heavy-duty and high-quality Swedish materials
- Comes with a complimentary pack of Swedish 13C26 steel mild blades
- Possesses a traditional razor head that gives the heavy-duty old school feel
- Fat handle that makes it great for people with large or long hands
- Made from premium, high-end materials
- Comes with leatherette and Alcantara case for transporting the shaving kit
- Has a very stylish and elegant appearance
- Can be used by men with thick and coarse hair
- Razor begins to rust after a while
- Relatively large considering people with small hands
- It is relatively expensive and may not be after deducting by a number of men
If you are looking for a heavy-duty and highly durable shaving kit, then you might have just gotten what you want. The VIKINGS BLADE The Godfather Double Edge Safety Razor provides a close and clean shave that any man would love.
The design of this razor is a very handsome and thought-out one and one sure guarantee is that any man would be proud to have this sitting in his bathroom. Similarly, an included case for transporting the kit makes it very convenient to convey which is one factor that men always take into consideration. Therefore, this is a great razor to own.
How To Choose The Best Safety Razor – Buyer’s Guide
The sheer number of safety razors out there from brand names would make your head spin, now include a long list of others from not-so-prominent brands and try to imagine what you end up with. This means that you could go for months on end just trying to select the best DE razor, especially when you don’t know exactly what you want. Imagine a beginner at shaving being tossed into this kind of web, there is a very high probability that frustration would set in eventually.
This is why we have gone ahead and done all the legwork, brainwork, and even examined these products using some criteria that you would definitely have in mind. Since there are as many different choices as there are shaving men, we have taken a number of factors into consideration.
Some of these factors are generally observed by all men in getting the best product on the market. Also, there are different combinations of budget, experience, razor aggressiveness, even size, and weight choices. All these could lead to confusion, therefore, here is a comprehensive guide on how to select the best safety razor for you.
We decided to bring this up first since this is one major factor that the average man considers before making any purchase. Razors usually range from about $10 to over $200 in some cases. However, this doesn’t mean that you have to empty your bank account to get a good quality double edge razor.
You can actually get great quality razor within a very reasonable budget. This factor is very important for beginners buying a razor for the first time who think that only expensive razors are of high quality. However, if you are a man with some measure of safety razor purchase experience, you should spend your money on a high-end model that is of very high quality.
Differentiating between an expensive and cheap razor would be a lot easier for you by then so you can be sure that you are spending your money right. One thing you should always keep in mind is that you shouldn’t spend beyond your budget, this would help in making your decision-making process a lot easier.
2. Prioritize Quality
In spite of the fact that you are probably working with a budget, this shouldn’t in any way hinder you from being quality conscious. Purchasing a quality shaving kit could make the difference between clear and smooth skin and an infected one. Thinking that all shaving kits are the same is a great misconception because a shaving kit could literally transform your life.
In recent times, shaving has gone beyond being just a daily chore to being an experience that you can actually enjoy. However, the quality of the shaving kit that you purchase heavily weighs in on whether or not you enjoy yours. A high-quality shaving kit already gives a guarantee of getting a better shave than using some low-quality product.
Generally, shaving can be irritating and pretty frustrating but all of these end the moment that you purchase a good quality shaving kit. Similarly, better shaving kit could be the answer to your beards getting tugged when shaving.
3. Rank Products Before Purchase
Although this might not work perfectly in some cases, ranking products during your purchase might still be somewhat effective. Ranking products simply implies considering name brands first before going for brands that are not very popular. When you pick a shaving kit from a renowned brand, there’s a higher likelihood that it would be of high quality, especially since they have a reputation to protect.
Picking from an unknown brand offers you no guarantees at all. Despite the fact that all brands were once pretty unknown at a point and the fact that some not-so-popular brands might have high-quality stuff as well, nobody really wants to risk a waste of money. This is why we advise going for a brand you already know. If you want to go for an unknown brand, then you should be totally sure that their product is great and they should have a lot of strong, positive and genuine reviews.
4. Know What You Want
Although this might sound a bit cheesy, it still remains one factor that goes a long way in determining your eventual choice. For beginners, this might be a bit difficult but they would still have some measure of exposure to safety razors. This exposure is what they would form the image of the type of safety razor they want to purchase with.
This helps to save a lot of time wasted on literally going through every blade in the market.
Since there are so many types on the market, there are certain things you would need to look out for. First of all, you wouldn’t want to get a razor that requires a long study of how to use it.
Instead, you would prefer something simple and easy to use yet of high quality and very affordable. Since you already know what you prefer, this would speed up your shopping process and you end up with exactly what you want.
5. Understand the Specifics of Your Shaving Style
Different people have different shaving styles that are unique to them. While some may prefer to clear the entire thing off, some may be after maintaining a particular shape. Your type of shaving style goes a long way in determining the type of shaving kit that you eventually end up with.
Different styles require that shaving kits possess certain characteristics which may not work for every style there is. For instance, the length or aggressiveness of your safety razor is one of these factors. If you are one for just trimming the edges, then you wouldn’t want to go for a very aggressive razor.
Similarly, you might be needing your razor to be pretty long so that you have more space to tweak it around. These are all dependent on shaving styles and would affect your choice of a shaving kit. Safety razors have different specifics for which they work best, be sure to check this out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are All Safety Razors Suitable for Use By Beginners?
A number of brands actually specify that their safety razors are suitable for use by beginners. However, if the safety razor does not specify that it is great for beginners, then you should not take the risk. Basically, a razor with a classic head alongside any handle type that you prefer is just great.
What is the Best Material For Making Safety Razors?
The type of material used in making a safety razor directly relates to how long the said razor would last or in other terms, the lifespan. Corrosion is one issue that safety razors battle with due to the fact that they come in contact with water almost all the time. This is why the major material used in making safety razors is stainless steel. Stainless steel is highly resistant to corrosion, rust or staining.
How Do I Maintain My Safety Razor to Make it Last?
Safety razors do not require may special or technical maintenance procedures. Just like any other razor, ensure that you always keep it clean. Also, you need to understand its mechanism of operation so that you don’t damage it by mistake. If yours has any screws for the head coming off, you should oil it when it becomes stiff.
How is Using a Safety Razor Eco-friendly?
Unlike cartridge razors, the use of safety razors reduces the amount of waste in the environment. Since safety razors are mainly produced from stainless steel, and stainless steel can be easily recycled, waste in the environment is drastically reduced.
How Long Does a Safety Razor Last?
Most safety razors are designed to last for a very long time, sometimes a lifetime. This also depends on the type of material used in making the safety razor. The manner in which you use and maintain your safety razor goes a long way in determining how long it would last.
Criteria We Used for Safety Razor Review
Selecting the best safety razor in such a large market could be extremely tasking and stressful, even to the point of frustrating you. However, with the right guidance, this same process would become a breeze. All you have to do is set some criteria for selecting your razor, and here are some of the ones we used in selecting ours:
Again, the price comes first under the criteria we used to select the best safety razors but this doesn’t imply that it is the most paramount factor. The reason it is first is that we understand the fact that you probably have a budget you are working with, therefore, the price of the safety razor matters a great deal to you. This is why we dug into the market ferociously and came up with very affordable safety razors that would fit into every budget. There is something for everyone no matter how many zeros you have got in your bank account.
We went after selecting razors that are guaranteed to last a long time so you don’t have to keep spending on some razors that aren’t doing so great. Therefore, we set a standard of quality on which all the products we selected were scrutinized. This includes the type of material(s) with which the safety razors were made. The material used is one of the major factors that determine how long a razor lasts and of course the manner in which you handle it as well. However, we made sure to include the rugged razors as well for the ones who are prone to dropping stuff a lot.
3. Customer Reviews
We understand just how important customer reviews are, they are the comments of those who have actually bought and used the product. We also understand that not all these reviews may be totally genuine. This is why we took every review posted about these razors with a pinch of salt and conducted our own research. Similarly, we tried to identify the genuine reviews and compared them with what other users were saying as well as the product specifications. After doing this, we were able to compile the best safety razors, some of them with over a thousand reviews, most of which were genuine.
Safety razors usually come in different designs which implies different mechanisms of operation. Some designs are very complicated and you could break into a sweat just trying to figure out how to use it, we avoided these types. Instead, we selected the razors that had beautiful designs, yet are very easy to figure out its mode of operation. At other times, a razor’s design clearly determines how long the razor is going to last. So we selected razors that had their designs suited to using them.long-term. Also, nobody wants an ugly razor adorning their bathrooms, this way you can be certain of finding stylish and classy razors in the list.
Men sometimes love to play around with their beards especially when there is a particular style that is new to the fashion world. If this particular style would make them look better, they would definitely want to try it out. At other times, they may decide to change their shaving style with the thought to get a new look. All these are what we took into consideration when selecting the best safety razors. Some safety razors are specifically designed for a particular shaving style and may not work so great for another style. This is why we included razors that would work for literally every style there is.
The Benefits of Shaving with Double Edge Safety Razors
Shaving with safety razors is, probably, the most popular way of shaving. Safety razors have been used by several generations of man (and women, by the way) and were a great relief when they appeared. The idea was simple enough: to allow only a very thin edge of the blade to do the work, thus preventing any possibility of making a deep cut. So on both sides of a blade were attached some kind of limiters. In a short time, it was considered more practical to avoid any process of sharpening, and blades started to be made disposable and standardized.
But standard size and form of blades still allow manufacturers to vary the shape and material of the handle and the method by which the blade is kept and replaced in the holder. Usually, the blade is simply clamped between two plates made of hard plastic or metal with a screw, or by more sophisticated mechanics. When screwing (and we mean screwing) the blade is being bent a little, so that during the shave the blade’s edges should be positioned at the recommended angle to the skin.
How to Use the Safety Razor
Shaving with a double edge safety razor is as simple as it could possibly be. Just keep in mind that however small part of the blade is exposed, you can still get cut with it. So your moves should be light and careful. In no case move the razor along the blade’s edges. Use a lot of soapy material and hot water.
Safety razors can serve a man’s lifetime and even be given over from father to son. So safe razors allow being made items of luxury. Handles could be made of ivory or gold or whatnot and have any design. When you think of the best present to a man, consider a safety razor or safety razor shaving kit. But if you are interested in shaving itself, you could be quite satisfied with the most low-cost model. It is the same as with watches now, actually, you can have cheap Casio or good Tissot or luxurious Rolex – the choice is yours.
The blades replacement won’t cost you too much. For one blade you pay from 10 to 70 cent or even less, and it will easily last you a week or more. Speaking of the razors themselves, not of the blades, we recommend you such brands as Merkur (Germany), Edwin Jagger (England), Parker, Muhle (Germany), Pils (Germany), Feather (Japan), Joris (France), and Weishi (China).
We totally agree with the fact that selecting the best safety razors is difficult, but we disagree with the fact that it is impossible. Shaving is a very big deal for men, especially since it is your face that is in question, this is why it is essential that you get only the best. In this article, we have tried to simplify the process of selecting the best and to make things a lot easier, we have given you a list of the best safety razors on the market. Similarly, we included how we selected our own best razors in case you want to go out there to make a different choice. With this article to guide you, we are certain that you have all you need.
Last Updated on