How to Use a Shaving Cream?
Before we plunge into the discussion of how to use a shaving cream, it is important that you understand the types of shaving creams that are available. Two types of shaving creams, namely brushless and lathering, come with their own particular set of characteristics.
Brushless shaving creams, as their name implies, do not need to be brushed. These creams do not form lather; all it takes is squeezing some out and applying onto the face.
Lathering-type of shaving creams requires a shaving brush to be able to create the rich lather for shaving. Regardless of the types of creams available, why are they used in the first place?
Why Do Men Use Shaving Creams?
Simply put, by using a shaving cream, men make the actual process of shaving smooth and easier by ensuring that the skin is well-lubricated to allow the razor to slide over the skin. This lubrication offers many advantages: a smoother shave, fewer chances of razor burn or any irritation.
Most Popular Shaving Creams in 2018
How to Use Shaving Cream
You can make the best use of a shaving cream by following these easy steps:
1. Soak the Shaving Brush
When preparing for a shave, your shaving brush should be soaking in warm water in your sink to get the bristles nice and soft. Alternatively, you could also hold the brush under hot running water for some time.
2. Wet The Bristle Hair
The next step requires that you get your beard (or mustache) ready for shaving. Have your facial hair saturated with warm water to make them soft and ready.
3. Apply Shaving Cream onto Brush
Depending on the thickness of your hair, apply the appropriate quantity of shaving cream onto the brush. Around three-quarters of an inch of cream does the trick in most cases.
Begin whipping your brush into the shaving mug in order to get the shaving cream into a rich lather. How much you need to whip will depend on the type of shaving cream you use, but you should be able to tell when the lather is ready, nonetheless!
5. Apply to Face
Once you have a rich lather, use the brush to apply it to your face evenly. The whole purpose of applying the cream (now lather) is to help in getting a smooth shave, so make sure you apply it thoroughly.
Shaving Cream vs. Shaving Soap vs. Shaving Foam
Choosing the right shaving lube is not an easy task for any man. In some instances, you choose it. While in others, it chooses you.
So which one is the best? It would all depend on what type of skin you have.
- Shaving foams are sometimes known to dry the skin more as compared to shaving cream or soap. However, foams are generally cheaper.
- Creams, on the other hand, provide the richest lather of all, especially when applied using a shaving brush and generally cause no dryness in particular.
- Soaps do not have as many scents or other chemicals added to it – which makes them suitable for people with sensitive skin.
So the choice is yours. Whatever you choose – shaving cream, foam or soap, safety or straight razor – Mister Shaver wishes you pleasant shaving.
5 Best-Selling Shaving Creams
- Ultimate hold that lasts all day with no product build up
- Does not leave curls crusty or hard
- Maintains shine and brightness of hair color
- Effective in high humid weather conditions
- Cream prepare your beard for shaving and moisturizes your face
- Rich woody blend of exotic sweet scented Sandalwood and Cedar, with Lavender and Rosemary for subtle floralcy and Jasmine and Rose, for a vivacious, enticing, confidently masculine bouquet
- For every kind of beard and normal skin
- Eucalyptus oil helps in toning, purifying effect
- Menthol refreshes and revitalizes
- No parabens; No silicons; No mineral oils; No artificial colors
- Made in Italy
- The Art of Shaving Shaving Cream softens and lifts the beard for a close and comfortable shave, and protects the skin from irritation and razor burn.
- Rich with glycerin, coconut oil and essential oils, the shaving cream leaves your skin smooth and moisturized.
- It can be lathered up with a shaving brush or with fingers.
- Sandalwood essential oil - Normal to dry skin
- Softens and lifts the beard for a close and comfortable shave
- Foam-free, exceptionally superior shaving cream dramatically reduces nicks and razor irritation, while giving you the closest, most comfortable shave and astonishingly smooth skin
- Made in the USA with only the best, natural ingredients including Macadamia Seed Oil, Aloe, Calendula Extract, Lemon Extract, Papaya Extract, and Olive Leaf Extract
- Requires one unusually thin, foam free layer compared to your typical shave gel or "creams" that are full of air; one almond-size squeeze is all you need
- Offers the superior shave and skin treatment benefits of Jack Black Beard Lube technology in a thick, creamy formula; leaves skin velvety soft, hydrated and refreshed
- Advanced blend of Macadamia Nut Oil, Glycerin and Soy that allows super close razor glide and a hydrating cushion of protection against razor burn, nicks and cuts
- Macadamia Nut Oil and Jojoba Oil penetrate tough whiskers and hydrate the skin
Bonus! How to Lather a Shave Cream by Hand
What do you use? Shaving cream, foam or soap?